Monday 31 March 2014

Happy Mothering Sunday.

My sons have always been diligent about sending me "Mothering Sunday" cards as opposed to those celebrating "Mothers' Day" - there is a difference.
The former is a Christian festival, the latter, a secular one, celebrated worldwide on different days.
In the UK, they coincide.
I spent yesterday at St Michael's Cof E secondary school in Rowley Regis - a fantastic building -  on a course led by Bishop Andrew to motivate "small churches" - congregation, not building!
A very good, uplifting day, ending with a short service, during which the Bish prayed for the congregations on.....Mothers' Day!!!!!

Today P, A, J and Th came to lunch, with A,s parents - always good company.
I made stuffing balls and a birthday cake for A's mum and laid the table yesterday evening, then got up early this morning to put a shoulder of pork in the oven to slow roast, and to prepare the vegetables and puddings, before church.
We had a great day, everything according to plan apart from unknowingly, having a hole in the back of my black tights at church.
Today, I thought that I'd got it all together - better than burning the lunch anyway.

I spent the evening with Jan and Chris - lots to catch up on and plans to make!

Thanks to W, B and P for the  presents - I loved them all.
   

No comments: