Friday 14 March 2014

Even harder!

Another foggy start to the day, but sunshine promised later.
No blog yesterday as I went to bed just after 8.00pm, exhausted, hence awake far too early this morning, e mails done and day organised before 6.00am!
I have to type up notes, including a calendar of events, from a meeting on Wed, and circulate them.
That could be more of a challenge - amazing how quickly you lose skills if not practised.

I have a dinner party this evening, which encouraged me to make good use of the "foggy/pre-gardening time" yesterday, having not done any proper housework since before going on holiday, six weeks ago.
I polished and even thought to put the lights on and replace failed bulbs - not as bad as it sounds as most of the fittings have a minimum of 3 bulbs - I'm working towards having similar bulbs in all fittings as I have a "light bulb cupboard" with about a dozen different bulb types.
I'm aiming to have just candle - small screw & large bayonet and normal - large bayonet.
The brighter the better!
Are halogen and filament compatible?

I went in the garden at lunchtime, achieved everything I'd planned as well as clearing a couple of cubic metres of leaves off the border opposite the conservatory, replanting some tall perennials there and turning the small bed into a herb bed.
I was accompanied throughout by chick and a robin.
JA collected the mower - my hero, the wallpaper and my new mobile phone were delivered.
Three visitors and two cappuccinos - a good day in all.

Today, deliveries to make, people to see, vacuuming, shopping and cooking to do, then scrub up by 7.00pm, for dinner.

No comments: