Tuesday 11 March 2014

"Epistling"

W sings the praises of "journaling" in today's blog.
Can I add the advantages of "Epistling", to relieve stress - writing a letter/epistle to the perpetrator of your stress each evening, in a ...........journal.
You realise that your perspective on the situation changes subtly, day by day, which is good as you realise that you are moving on.
Of course, this will only be of use if your stress is caused by an individual.
Mine was.
I handed the journal over after a month - 30 epistles in total -  and felt that I had offloaded something.
Whether the recipient was burdened by my epistles, I shall never know.

Anyway - I've had a self-indulgent day - a bath, painted my toe nails purple, missed the gym as I was hoping to play tennis, which didn't happen, Di visited, then I went to M&S, Ventura Park and had coffees and a catch up with Karen for a couple of hours.
It was nearly 4.00pm by the time I'd bought all of the necessary beauty aids in Boots, shopped in JS,had the car washed on the car park and filled up with diesel and driven home.
I was starving, so ate my tea early and pottered before settling down for an hour before bell ringing.
I've decided to give the campanology up - I've been away for 6 weeks, with holiday, aj ill and meetings, I'm rubbish anyway and I am always taking services so am unlikely to ever be able to ring anyway.
What a failure!

 

No comments: