Wednesday 12 March 2014

Hard labour.

Six hours in the garden with only a cappuccino break, but lots more to do tomorrow.
I cleared the rockery on the yard of leaves and acorns so that the plants could see the light.
The leaves filled the cubic metre bag twice, the other debris filled the wheelbarrow.
There were hundreds of acorns, all putting down roots - they are  very difficult to pull out later as they have one long root
Tomorrow, I have to finish clearing the border behind the rockery and remove the enormous pile of leaves that has collected by the conservatory and then sweep the yard.
I hope to also clear the molehills off the lawn, filling in a dip in the lawn and turfing over it - exhaustion, rather than time will be the limiting factor.
JA came and looked at the mower - a bit of damage, apparently something must have run into me when I wasn't looking! He's collecting it tomorrow and will check it out ready for mowing, next week, perhaps.
I look forward to mowing the whole field now that the fencing is all down.
I came in at 5.00pm, knackered, and made some large chocolate butterfly cakes for a Parish Fundraising meeting at 7.30pm.
I took some to Jan as she's a bit work-worn this week, back to shower and change, then prepare the meeting, which went very well - we put the calendar of events together for the year - 24 in all!

I ordered the wallpaper for the kitchen, last night - William Morris "fruit" - it's being delivered tomorrow.
Wallpaper Direct - how's that for service, and a 10% discount?

No comments: