Wednesday 19 March 2014

Water, water everywhere.............

but only if you pay for it!
Yesterday afternoon a Severn Trent engineer came to put a water meter in, as it is calculated that this will more than halve my water rates - no, I've not lowered my standards of hygiene, but I'm paying for a sizeable household of bathers.
Few of my visitors request a bath!
Having planned an early morning (well, 8.30am) visit to the gym, I did a rethink and decided to do all of the heavy water usage tasks during the morning to take advantage of the freely available water.
The winner in the water usage stakes must be" cleaning the conservatory roof" - a task only bettered by "cleaning the oven" in the "foulest job" stakes!

Prior to cleaning roofs, you have to clean out the guttering - rubber gloves, bucket and up the step ladder - a walk in the park compared with the conservatory roof, though.
Four hours later I was filthy, soaked, but  feeling quite pleased with myself.
Task accomplished!
All of the "downstairs" gutterings cleaned, including the garage and factory - a long low building with a mile of guttering, and the roof scrubbed, using about a dozen buckets of hot water with Domestos cleaner, which then scoured the guttering and/or soaked me.
The roof is only 90% clean, but the best I could do - I may have the roof tiled before next winter.
I think that the conservatory would then become a "garden room".

I was showered and very presentable by the time the engineer arrived but will not be fitted for another month, in the drive, under the gravel.
Well!

After a "power nap" I attacked the silk dining room curtain that had been lying on the kitchen table for a few days, waiting to be downsized to fit my bedroom.
I've done it!
Downsized, hemmed and edged - all done on the lounge floor, by hand, bell wrapped around bell ringing practice.

Tennis this morning.
The lawn mower's returned, so I may be tempted, if the sun comes out...............
Pressed and hung this morning!

No comments: