Sunday 2 March 2014

Cough.

Only the one cough now as aj went home yesterday morning.
It was a beautiful day, warm and sunny so, as planned, I spent 3/4 hours tidying up outside - I removed the last tarpaulin by the stables, swept the walls and windows of sheets of cobwebs, put the kids' bikes in a stable, swept up barrow loads of leaves and acorns and had a massive bonfire to get rid of all of the evidence.
It is completely cleansed - all detritus removed and the dovecote open to the daylight after many years - perhaps something will nest in it this year.
I fuelled the bonfire further with boxes from the shed then scrubbed up, ready for the hairdressers.
I came out looking quite different - sprayed and spiky, with a full fringe - good but beyond my capabilities to repeat.
I had a big cup of tea, a long chat to m and then dressed to match the hairstyle, complete with long, black boots, and went to friends for dinner in the village.

This morning I checked out my sermon - transfiguration/ a moment of Heaven.
When did you last have a "moment of Heaven"?
I went to Communion at Sh then on to take the service at NW, then Morrisons for a paper, haddock and Lemsips, then home for lunch and an afternoon by the fire.
It has been cold, wet and grey all day, so more of the same this evening.
Only decision - shall I watch the "Oscars"?

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No to the oscars

CEng

William said...

Oscar's what?