Monday 24 March 2014

Happy Anniversary.

It was exactly a year ago on Saturday since I found that my 18 year marriage was over.
For the next hour I could hardly breathe, I scarcely slept for weeks and ate very little for months, losing two stone in weight, giving rise to concern amongst acquaintances that I was desperately ill.
The shock of finding that the person who vowed to be there for you for the rest of your life, to whom you had committed every aspect of your life and wellbeing, had changed beyond recognition, has taken it's toll.
I am well aware of and greatly regret the pain caused to our family and close friends - it is their love and support that have seen me through the very worst time of my life and I cannot thank them enough for their patience and good counsel.

My life is good, I have a wonderful family, grandchildren I adore and  some good friends.
I have a home that I love, that I can manage, with just  a little help, at times, and a garden that I enjoy.
I very much miss having someone special to love and care for, but I do now have more time and energy to devote to the other people and the other aspects of my life.

There is always light at the end of the tunnel - I am even lucky enough to be able to put a name to that light!
   

No comments: