Sunday 9 March 2014

Shriven and ashed.

A glorious, warm and sunny day.
The first Sunday in Lent has been busy - sticking to the lent theme, I was up early to make Scotch pancakes to go with the coffee, after the family Service at Sh.
The service and the pancakes went down well.
I went on to take Morning prayer at 11.00am at OW, then home for a cappuccino and a snack (and a nap) and a baking session - cake and scones for tea as we were having a meeting here at 5.00pm, to discuss fund raising, after I'd taken Evening Prayer at Sh at 3.30pm.
All done by 7.00pm and salmon and salad in front of the TV.

The party last night was fun.
I picked Barrie up in SC, he knew the way to "Christopher's" in Tamworth, where 20 of us had a good meal and did a lot of catching up.
Thank God for the reversing sensor as I had to reverse out of the car park - a long way including a narrow, arched entrance.

I plan to go to the gym in the morning before playing tennis then off to Solihull to collect J and Th from school.
I will get in the garden at some point this week!

1 comment:

William said...

Was that 3 church services in a day? If so, then how many poeple attended and could you maybe have saved needing the evening fundraising meeting in the evening by having a single service in a single church?