Monday 24 March 2014

Happy Birthday B.

B has the good grace to look years younger than he actually is - what more could you ask of a son???
I'm having dinner with the family so must be off shortly - I played a couple of sets of tennis and am about to shower and dress properly.
I was up early, filling the bird feeders - domesticated and wild - having had an early night, exhausted.
Yesterday I had twenty to lunch, £10 a head plus raffle, for church funds - slow roast pork followed by Eve's pudding, banoffee pie and croissant and chocolate B&B pudding.
This involved being up by 6.00am to make the stuffing, prepare the vegetables and start cooking the pork - banoffee pie made and tables laid on Saturday.
I went to Sh church  - SR's final service as Reader in the Parish - then back to  get on with lunch.
It all went very well - food went down well along with 6 bottles of wine and the remaining few guests even washed the glasses whilst I ran friends to Coleshill, having been abstemious, as usual.
I have yet to do the accounts, but we should have made around £200.

I rarely get around to eating at these events, but made up for it later with a large portion of bubble and squeak made from the remaining broccoli, cauliflower and potatoes, fried in olive oil.
I only wish that I'd stopped there and not polished off the remains of the bannoffee pie!
Oh well.
Despite being up early today, I ironed yesterday's tablecloths and tea-towels then did e mails, etc and had to rush off to tennis, without breakfast, having lost track of time.
The evils of the internet!

 

No comments: