Saturday 15 March 2014

Death by james Martin!

Recipes, that is, not his hand.
A highly successful day yesterday as I managed to do all of the jobs/make all of the visits on my list, get the shopping at Morrisons and have a good evening here with five friends for dinner.
We started with Cava served in old fashioned crystal champagne glasses.
We then had pear, walnut and Parmesan salad with smoked salmon and dill mousse - homemade in a small loaf tin, lined with cling film, turned out and decorated with lemon, followed by JM chicken, chorizo and bean casserole with sugar snaps, rounded off with JM croissant and chocolate bread and butter pudding or poached pears in proseco, with cream, cheese and biscuits, coffee and coffee cake.
The pudding was delicious and very simple.
My stomach would have coped had I not polished off the remainder of the b&b pudding whilst clearing the table at the end of the evening.
I woke some time after 4.00am, my stomach still complaining.
I eventually made tea at 5.00am and read (44 Scotland street - Alex McCall Smith) for 3 hours, then phoned aj for a chat.
I've had a thoroughly lazy day.
I was on the computer, in bed, and suddenly it was nearly 1.00pm - what a waste of a morning.
I got up,put the washing out and noted that the cold wind made it not a day for gardening, as I had planned.
I had brunch then vacuumed from top to bottom of the house - the first thorough clean for weeks - which did wonders for my state of mind.
Sad!
I took the bedroom curtain down and got the sewing machine out, ready to dissect it, but had a long phone call and had lost my enthusiasm, replaced by hunger, by the time it was finished.
An excellent rump steak and salad, followed by some of the steamed pears from Fri dinner, whilst watching a recording of an excellent play "A week with Marilyn Monroe" - brilliant cast - then bed. 

No comments: