Friday 7 March 2014

Done and dusted.

The day has gone well - a couple of hours in the gym and swimming pool, then back home for lunch, mainly because I had forgotten to take a pair of shoes.
Wearing trainers for the school run is not a problem, but I was going straight to Whitacre  Methodist Church for the service and wanted to look dressed for the part.
I managed an hour in Solihull, only buying nail varnish and lipstick, then on to pick up J and Th.
J had won a whole school competition to design a parking ticket and was in proud possession of new bike lights, her prize.
P was home by 6.00pmso, avoiding the M42/Crufts dog show, I was at church in good time.
It was an interesting service, lots of nice people and my address was well received and discussed over coffee and biscuit.
Home by 9.0pm for dinner, now watching today's recording of "Poirot" - much abridged by forwarding through the 5 minutes of ads every 10 minutes.
I shall have an early night, cup of Horlicks and start a second "Alexander McCall Smith" novel.
A day off tomorrow, apart from the family Service to finalise for Sunday.
Brilliant weather is forecast, so I hope to spend some time in the garden before scrubbing up to go to a party at "Christopher's" with a friend.
Should be fun - may even get round to nail varnish! 

No comments: