Tuesday 1 April 2014

Pranksters open day.

I considered regaling you with my plans for the day - a trip to Stamford to make the acquaintance of my new friend, a German shepherd puppy of almost excellent pedigree - but have decided against it, to avoid recriminations.
Like the men in your life, you always assume that everyone else will love him as much as you do, overlooking the blindingly obvious fact that love is blind, you're looking into the sun and they're not.
Woof, woof.

The clocks springing forward yesterday was wonderful as I am woken by the dawn chorus most mornings, now 5.30 rather than 4.30am.
I didn't wake up until 6.42am - a record!
What followed is probably most mundane by your standards, but I enjoyed it - tennis (2 sets, won both), home to write and circulate a report on Saturday's course, change and head for Solihull, an hour around the shops (M&S sale - UP TO 60% off, nothing that you would even consider for dirty work/gardening clothes, even if they were in your size), ordered wallpaper from Laura Ashley and "took advantage" of the offers in Boots to buy lots of hair toiletries - perhaps you'll notice  a difference.
Drove to P&A's, did the school run on foot, some of it jogging, cooked tea, ironed a few shirts and came home.
I made a "risotto" with Sunday's shredded pork, broccoli, rice and sweet and sour sauce.
It was awful, but I eat it, fell asleep and was woken up by Jan picking me up for the church AGM at NW.
What a farce!
I shall take this as a challenge!

My new cards came from Vistaprint - really good.
I did mistakenly order 50 magnetic copies, rather than the 20 I had intended - I shall give them to everyone I know to decorate their white goods.

The gym then Ventura Park for coffee with a friend  - JL rather than M&S, perhaps - so many elderly in M&S whereas JL merely has the deranged.


All of the churches increasingly in the red, congregations diminishing, 2 out of 4 treasurers not in attendance/no financial report submitted, no activity within the church and everyone sitting back and accepting it  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God has left the building !

Gill said...

No, but he must be yawning.
m