Monday 14 April 2014

Three cheers for the National Trust.

NT membership must be one of the best bargains available for those with enough time to visit some of the wonderful properties available.
Today I took J and Th to meet E with T and KP at Upton House near Banbury.
The weather was glorious, the staff could not have been more helpful, enabling the children to enjoy a conducted tour of the house and then have great fun in the woods and the gardens for several hours.
There are many wonderful paintings and a great deal of fine porcelain which would be well worth a second visit.
We were home by 6.00pm to cook dinner - a homemade version of Mcnuggets and chips with salad - then a drawing session, some TV and bed.
I think that I may have been the first to nod off - all of that fresh air, exercise and driving following a pretty poor night's sleep.
I'm hoping that the glass of Benedictine will have helped tonight.

How can I get rid of the advertisements that are flashing over every page that I open?