Sunday 6 April 2014

Malteser cake.

Cooling on the rack, ready to be filled and decorated - the g/children enjoy doing that.
Q. How many Maltesers can you get on a cake?
A. As many as you can lay hands on minus those that disappear into little tummies.
Far fewer needed when I do it.
Friends coming for afternoon tea, I'll make some scones of some sort shortly.

Lots of questions to ponder:
*Do I need "Patch Magic"  to make grass grow on the bare patches/mole hill sites on the lawn.
*Why does my mobile go from 100% charge to empty in a matter of hours, without being used?
*What percentage of the population are "axe murderers"?
* Should I feel guilty as I'm watching "Foyles War"  as it's raining  and I can't garden?

Yesterday was fine - I cleared the remains of the mess/leaves/acorns built up around the goat enclosure, mowed outside and half of the field. Rob came round and started the small mower for me - it sees me coming - so that I could mow under the hedges and around the trees first - makes life much easier.
That took 5/6 hours.
I then had a bath and went to a concert in Solihull - "The Armed Man", Karl Jenkins and "Toward an Unknown Region" - Vaughan Williams - very good.
Home to late to eat  so Sunday lunch was sorted.

No comments: