Friday 11 April 2014

How to make a palm cross.

The quandary of the day.
We are going to make them from strips of coloured thick paper during the family service.
I thought, naively, that I could undo an old one and Hey Presto!
Not as easy as that - they break up when unfolded.
T googled the above - some poor demonstrations, but after an hour b and I have it cracked, leaving the coffee table piled with brightly covered crosses of all sizes, made from the remains of failed attempts.
I'll practise tomorrow and hope to remember it on Sunday morning.

The lesser challenges were walking up to church with T and KP to open up for a wedding florist, who eventually arrived T 11.00pm.
I carried the laptop again so that t could sort out the technicalities of connecting it with the amplifier and loud speakers.
He managed well and even the CD player sounded so much better played through the speakers.
KP and I sorted through all of the service sheets and filed them accordingly - KP in her element.
We walked home to make special cup cakes for Mum and Dad - T, malteser, KP, lemon, all delicious.
We lunched on poached eggs then set off for Bicester, via Coleshill.
A glorious day again, a shame to be in the car really, but I think the they may have been pleased for the rest.
I shared their barbeque, in the kitchen, 15 degrees but feeling cool, then came home and to bed.

No comments: