Friday 4 April 2014

Grassmere gingerbread,

Victoria sponge and small scones, all made by 8.00am, ready for the coffee and cakes morning - scones in the fridge to cook and serve straight from the oven at 11.00am.
Eight friends, a lot of chatting, a small bring and buy and a good time had by all.
Afterwards, I finished the coffee with another piece of cake and changed out of my pink jeans (admired by T&KP, last summer, but never worn) and went out to mow.
The mower was in fine fettle but failed to mow at all on the first circuit as I forgot to set the cutting height below maximum, so the blade didn't see the grass!
Four hours later I had made a pretty good job of the lawns and mown the goat paddock - still a lot to do.
A slow job as the grass was much wetter than I realised so two rounds to cut and about three to collect the grass, stopping to remove the boxes (crippling) and clear the grass tunnel by sticking your arm up it as far as possible - quite vetinary, but no calf, only clogged grass, thank goodness.

I popped round next door after changing into clothes not bearing lawn detritus, to thank them for looking after ex-chicky, returning over two hours later, too late to bother to cook, so some bread and cheese and bed.

My mobile phone isn't holding it's charge - am I just unlucky with mobiles?
Will the heat wave start tomorrow?
Did Farage outwit Clegg?
Does it take much to outwit Clegg?
Should we come out of Europe?
Just a few things that won't keep me awake for long.

 

No comments: