Friday 18 April 2014

Let tem eat cake.

Attributed to Marie Antoinette, erroneously.
We are keeping Shustoke church open this weekend for anyone who wishes to visit over Easter, including couples who are planning a wedding reception at the Wedding Barns and contemplating marrying at the church - there seem to be few restrictions on choice of church nowadays.
We shall be serving afternoon teas, wedding cake and bubbly (kindly donated by the Wedding Barns) on both days, to which end I have been baking all morning and finishing off/decorating cakes this evening.
I now have 4 dozen cup cakes, carrot cake, parkin, coffee cake and fruit cake.
I shall make the scones tomorrow morning before going to church for 11.00am, loaded, set up for the day.

I went to the Good Friday service at 2.00pm - always the most moving service of the year, I think.
We dressed the altar (stripped for today) then cleaned and decorated the church, putting back the window arrangements  from last Sat wedding, Dawn and Jane doing the remainder whilst I gave Henry a work out.
All looks good, lilies on the altar, flowers done and tables laid for tea.
Three different couples visited whilst we were there - one couple from Chelmsley Wood.
On having a chat it materialised that I had taught him at Simon Digby 39 years ago -amazing.

I've eaten too many cakes today, not much else.
 

No comments: