Monday 24 September 2007

Money for old rope!

Phillip, the Roman centurian


A typhoon


Nuneaton. This was not touched by the typhoon.

Trees, rooves, wendy houses, trampolines & garden furniture was.


Money for ..........


And for good measure, as Gordon addressed the Labour Party conference in Bournemouth today...............

We are going at the week-end, when they have all left.

I believe that they are all left, anyway.


"Money for old rope"
Where does that saying come from?
A register & a full day's teaching today - most enjoyable & satisfying.
Away by 3.30pm for a trip to Ventura Park to buy fuel & check out the breakfast cereals.
I'm not needed tomorrow so suggestions as to how to enjoy myself on an unexpected free day will be welcome.
Typhoons today, Nuneaton caught up.(not picked up wholesale, just bits of it)
God moves in mysterious ways!
Interviews on the news had teenagers in school uniform gesticulating, rudely, in the background.
Great.
Looking forward to my dinner & a lazy evening - G may be away. I've forgotten where he is.

Stop-press: A roman centurion, still with his boots on, circa AD 50, has been found in Worcestershire. He was alone. Not a big invasion then. He has been christened "Philip".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most Phillips are on their own. Perhaps it's the name ?

William said...

I am asuming he is dead rather than a living person from Rome?
Are you sure it was a typhoon not a tonrado?

Anonymous said...

I think that it was neither a typhoon nor a tonrado, but a third phenomenom, a tornado.
I will admit my error on the blog, later.
g