Wednesday 19 September 2007

I called it "Break" today (and was paid for it)

An Asian toilet


A 4x4 gas guzzler vehicle


A large, hairy primate


calories

Called into school today to cover Karl's paternity leave for 4 days. (baby Oliver, doing well)
Martin was away as well as his wife was in labour.
A cup of decaf in the science office at break for elevenses.
I wasn't needed for the last hour (an economy) so I went to Solihull to buy food.
We shall have roast chicken, jacket potatoes, runner beans & root vegetables for dinner. I'm starving!
As this might be perceived as boring by my younger readers, I will include a selection of things that I do not want for Christmas.

We saw "Atonement" on Monday evening, based on the novel by Ian McEwan, not Ian Rankin, as I informed G.
It was very good, G did not sleep once!
We bought fish & chips on the way home. Scrummy.
We are invited to Silverstone on Saturday (I'm hoping to see B & E) & on to Bicester for dinner.
We are going to a party at Uttoxeter races on Sunday
We are not boring!
I shall now research Christmas possibilities as you are not coming up with the goods.

5 comments:

William said...

Atonement was a great book, I hope the film did it justice. It has had good reviews. Nobody said you were boring...
I havesuggested all sort of things for Chrimble, but you have dismissed them all.
Let us know when you want to come, we are looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

You must get a tom tom to warn you of the gatzos,if you have no-one riding shotgun. It is only 60 on single carriageways.

Anonymous said...

Well, you either go somewhere where they are superb at celebrating Christmas, could be Rome or Stockholm, or you go somewhere hot for something different, could be New Zealand (since you only seem to go on holiday to faaaar away destinations).
MK

Anonymous said...

Sunderland is always pretty good at Christmas, and B. Millard and R.Summers will be doing the Boxing Day dip dressed in Hawaiian attire.

How many i's in Hawaiian? I'm not sure and can't be bothered to look it up.

Elaine

She mean's Haw-Aye un anyway! (Ben)

Anonymous said...

I think there are 4!
Hawaiiiian.
That looks right!
g