Thursday 13 September 2007

At the dentist at 11.00am!

Baddesley Clinton - thanks to Kingsbury School Natioal Trust gift membership.
Imagine this with a chunk missing, now replaced & worth a smile!


I should have been there at 10.40am, but when I sat in the car I couldn't remember how to get to Fox Hollies rd. I had to look at the A-Z, & then fell at the final hurdle & drove around for another ten minutes, lost.
I just didn't deserve any elevenses.
Since I was feeling pretty presentable, having put on my second best dress, had my tooth mended & the sun was shining, I decided to have a National Trust day rather than go home & rub down the paintwork on the outside of the kitchen window (not much of a competition really)
I went to Baddesley Clinton, a moated Elizabethan manor house, just outside Knowle.
I stopped at the butchers in Knowle on the way home & bought a nice piece of pork for Sunday lunch (always a firm favorite at the week-end), & a pound of Lashford's prize-winning sausage.
Did you really think that I would be bored?
I have to start making your Christmas presents when the weather turns.
That will be a challenge for the Danish wish-list!

4 comments:

William said...

I spe t 2 days working in the gardens there as part of the leaver program at Bablake. I am not sure what the "leavers program" was supposed to achieve other than provide opportunities for drinking and arsing about in the sun. Oh and awful hayfever as well

Anonymous said...

A nasty pork any day is never a winner.

Anonymous said...

What is "nasty pork"
They only sell "nice pork" in Knowle.
I thought that new potatoes, braised red cabbage & something green would be good with it.
Any ideas for the "Shrek cake" for desert?
g/m

Anonymous said...

I have re-read comment 2 & think that it may be vulgar.
g