Sunday 2 September 2007

Elevenses in Bicester - a nice cup of tea!

All aboard for Bicester Village



Now, Betony Way



No service for Bicester then!

A bit early for "elevenses" actually, but I was en route home from Phnom Penh, via Bangkok & Heathrow & felt like a cup of tea, having slept through mealtimes on both flights (another prayer answered).

I slept through both take-offs & some of the stop-over in Bangkok as well, waking only on the final leg of the journey when G started to make rather loud growling noises in his sleep & I was concerned about the welfare of those not familiar with the sound & its purely harmless nature.
Lightly stroking his cheek fortunately caused him to wake up in a not too disturbing fashion.

A large truck had run off the M40 & caused a long tail back near Banbury, but did not prevent me from popping into M&S in Solihull to pick up some very plain food.

Once home, I sorted the washing & had a load blowing in the breeze within the hour.
On reflection, I see this in the same context as the flag flying above a Royal Palace when the Queen is in residence. (I shall use this thought in my sermon)

Ham on wholemeal bread sandwiches was my choice of food for the day, with cherry tomatoes - I toasted the bread for my evening sandwich, to ring the changes - this begins to sound like a WRM blog, it must be all of the travelling!

I will try to post some relevant pictures, I can't remember the whereabouts of the little silver box that enables me to post photos from my camera memory, I'm not sure that I remember what to do with it anyway.

Perhaps it will all come back to me after a good night's sleep.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder why he fell asleep?
Did you go to Bicester?
Focus!

Anonymous said...

I merely presumed that he fell asleep because the lights were out,the flight was at 1.15am & we had been travelling since 6.00pm.We had been walking around the Vietnamese quarter for a good part of the day, followed by a swim before setting off.
The temp was 35 degrees.
Of course, it could merely have been that he was feigning sleep so that the man on his left did not try to engage him in conversation. I was asleep so I can't really say.
One does tend to sleep when in the dark, late at night after a long, hot day.
Are you an insomniac?
Yes. I had my elevenses in Bicester.
Focus? These aren't actually my photos - I thought the bus was a give-away.
g

Anonymous said...

Maybe you're supposed to focus on the content of the post rather than simply typing out a brain fart. At least we have progressed to whole sentances!
Glad to hear that you're back and well!
W Jnr

Anonymous said...

SENTENCES!!!!
No part of my body farts.
I am a lady!
Bollocks!
m

William said...

sometimes i mis-spell on porpoise just to annoy you!

Anonymous said...

Nobody misspells on porpoise, ever.
It is done through ignorance or rushing & not checking work.
I think that it saddens rather than annoys me; it may do neither. I'm not sure.
I need to consider at greater length.
Perhaps I'll write a poem about it.
m