Tuesday 25 September 2007

Home at eleven for a nice cup of decaf.

First, I went on the blogs & wrote a poem about a ladder. No doubt this will be shredded by the critics.
Then, I went for a bike ride.
I went for two really; round the Maxstoke circuit, back to the bottom of Castle Lane. I realised that I hadn't done enough, so did the Fillongly circuit. The long hill was a struggle.


I had a nice cup of decaf & a piece (the last, thank goodness) of M&S carrot cake when I got home & then "hit" the garden for 4 hours.




I planted 60 of these a few weeks ago. They are lovely.


To make them look even better, I tidied all of the borders & then.........


I moved 6 mole hills from the lawn & put the soil on the garden.

G likes this done.

I am concerned that one day someone (perhaps me) will walk across that lawn & just disappear into an abyss. We will then have the paparazzi in the garden whilst Jack Russell terriers are sent into the subterranean tunnels trying to pick up a scent.

I should not enjoy being invaded by paparazzi, peering in through the windows & trampling on my pansies!

I have some housework to do - it's started to rain now anyway.

William wins the prize for spotting yesterday's stupid mistake.

Of course, Nuneaton was hit by tornadoes & not typhoons as stated.

Just testing!

I would really appreciate a few more comments, if you have the time or inclination.

That reminds me of a joke about putting a clock on the tower at Pisa.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tried to pick up a scent in Debenhams, but money off voucher not valid on cosmetics. Wrote saying cosmetics improve texture or appearance of skin, a definition that does not include scent. And yes I said, I do complain for a living, that is the raisin d'etre for a sshhh shopper.jen

Anonymous said...

You should have taken a Jack Russell with you.
I believe that raisins will improve the texture of the skin, from within, if eaten in sufficient quantities.
I complain for pleasure only.
g

William said...

No wonder the long hill was hard work with all of that stuff attached to your bike. Do you really have a luggage rack and lights or was that the stock picture from google of any old bike?
Have you book a flight yet?

Anonymous said...

I hope I will have as much energy as you left when I retire. I suspect I will just colaps in an armchair.
MK

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that the carrot diet will ensure that you will be in much better shape when you reach your prime, MK.
I do make a real effort not to grunt when moving after any period of 2 minutes or more of rest.
This is a stock pic.
I do not have the extras, but must admit that I do hanker after a carrier & a basket (for my anorak & purse)
Their weight would be insignificant compared to mine.
m