Thursday 27 September 2007

Another exciting day on the farm

Blackberries - bumper crop again this year.


Kingsbury return - a bit chilly today. Gloves would have been a good idea.


This is a haiku that won a competition, printed across a very old photo of David Hasselhoff


G off at 5.00am to fly to Paris.
I lay awake composing a haiku - couldn't get the last syllable in line 2.
Perhaps you can improve it for me:

My poem's rubbish
lacking in shape and form
no rhyme or reason.

William has confirmed that line 1 is accurate & that I never make any sense anymore.
(This haiku refers to my ladder poem on "A whey with words")

I cycled into school this am to support Jamie, who was running his first "Citizenship Day"
Three year groups were having a Japanese Day & a "Haiku Class" was running all day.
I didn't join in for fear of further criticism of my language skills.
I cycled home at break, picked a big bowl of blackberries in Castle Lane, went to the hairdressers, joined the library in Coleshill & on to Kenilworth to complete the shopping for dinner tonight - salad
- coq au vin
- blackberry sponge pud & cream
Peter & Judith coming to dinner & to see the holiday photos.
No, we did not pay them, they know the areas well, recommended that we visit & wanted to see our photos.
Thankfully G had removed the surprise ones that scared B & E.
Thomas to keep me company tomorrow, babysitting in Bicester in the evening, then off to Bournemouth for the weekend.

Just two more queries:
Why do you only spot the errors after publishing a blog?
Why are my blog instructions in german?

3 comments:

William said...

On the front page of blogger, on the left is a drop down for language. I have the same problem, it thinks it is clever enough to know what language you want based on where you are in the world and I guess it knows you made the blog in Denmark. Hence German!
You can edit the post by clicking on the little pencil icon at the bottom of the post.
And finally I am impressed that you rode to Kingsbury. I always hate the mad mile bit and the alternative is equally busy to the point of being a bit frightening.

Anonymous said...

Everybody hates the mad mile, they say it's haunted by a woman driving a volvo, who rolled it and crashed into a tree. Apparently she's been seen driving a volvo saloon and more recently a volvo estate. Spooky.

Anonymous said...

I've heard that one, but don't believe a word of it.
It wasn't the most pleasant of rides, but satisfying.
It was better coming home!
(I suppose all school journeys are)
g