Tuesday 18 September 2007

Just made it to Shardelows by elevenses.

Wimpole Hall


Gardens


!!!!!


Couldn't find the horses/oaties (perhaps I got the name wrong)- watch ITV

A visit to cousin JR in Horseheath.
I think that I prefer speed cameras to those "measured journey time" things on the A14.
I presume that it calculates my speed for the journey & will punish me accordingly if I have averaged over 70mph.
Please someone tell me if I have got this wrong as keeping to exactly 70mph is stressful as I have to watch the speedo all the time, hence missing interesting sights en route, & take a racing line on all of the bends, it being the only way to get there more quickly.
Anyway, using these tactics, I arrived at 11.00am & had a nice cup of tea. We then caught up on the news before lunching at "The Dog & Duck" in Linton & a visit to Wimpole Hall, the "finest house in Cambridgeshire", courtesy of the National Trust membership.
It is certainly a beautiful house with wonderful pictures (including one of a boy next to a large vase of flowers, intended to be hung 20 ft above the ground. Apparently the boy & vase would then look like a boy & a vase) & superb gardens by Capability Brown.

Regarding Christmas, I don't fancy the ice hotel (cold) & have never fancied skiing (cold).
I'm probably wrong on both counts. One of the failings of age is that you believe things because you always have.

When I arrived home there was an advertisement on the TV for "Cadbury's Oaties" -
2 thoroughbred horses, discussing their "elevenses".
Great.
Do you think they have read my blog?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, they were talking more sense!

William said...

And they were awake!

Anonymous said...

Dear Gill
Your other blog readers are so rude.
Katie has a tooth.
Elaine

Gill said...

Well done Katie.
It'll be chicken dhansak on Sat then?

I gave the best years of my life & my perfect body for those two & this is how they treat me.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know the feeling, and KP and Tim are only 3 and 7 months respectively
E