Tuesday 11 September 2007

M & S again.....sssshhhhhh

I think that it's actually even worse than this one. I hope it's bigger!


I found myself in Solihull around 11.00am, Cafe Revive had opened again this very morning (a bit Starbucks, but a more mature clientele) it would have seemed churlish to have ignored their efforts, so I succumbed to a decaf & small cake - I won't do this again as I have a medical in 4weeks 2 days & they have a machine that shines light through your hand & lists exactly what you have eaten in the last 4 weeks, right down to the last piece of cake!

I originally went to Knowle to look at Bonham's sale & then went to Solihull to buy Jessie's birthday present, in Argos. Quite a shopping experience, not at all like M&S!
I gardened frantically, later, to make up for this dereliction of duty, & made carrot & ginger soup.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you bored with gardening soon? I find that it makes your body ache in all weird places, that is why winter isn't so bad - no gardening work, perhaps the odd bit of snow showeling.
I had the day of yesterday, that could easily become a habit. j and I went to see J's great grand parents which was nice and took most of the day.
MK

Anonymous said...

No. It's the satisfaction of making order out of chaos.
I've planted 60 winter pansies, done a fair bit of digging & ache.
At least the tiredness is well earned - G is asleep on the settee (I hope that the location isn't too specific!) & he's only been in the office.
I may be covering a paternity leave after tomorrow, so will be able to recover (& get paid)
m

William said...

Good to hear that you're not bored. I am working from home today that is a nice compromise...