Saturday 21 December 2013

Wet and windy.

Winter arrived today - 2 degrees when I released the chickens first thing - they're laying an egg each a day despite the time of year - and the car covered in thickish ice at 9.00am.
I had the Church Christmas Service times cards to go to all the houses in the village, which took three hours, including a dash to Coleshill to post the last of the parcels.
It was very cold and about 70% of letter boxes are rubbish - very difficult to push the letter through and/or try to take your finger off.
I came home for lunch then decided that it would be good to get the shopping done today - a sizeable list of Christmas Day requirements from W & MK - leaving only the vegetables and dairy to buy and the turkey to collect, next week.
I went to Solihull and even managed to buy curtains for the dining room (returnable if not the right colour), and two pairs of Per Uno jeans for me - indigo and black velvet - 30% off all Per Uno today.
30% off everything at M&S tomorrow!
I arrived home about 8.30pm, put the food away and then vacuumed through downstairs and, at last, mopped the floors.
Everywhere gleaming, just have to finish the decorating and wrapping now, or tomorrow morning - hairdresser at 3.00pm, then on to a party.

Just had a ......e mail re my take on the School Carol Concert.
Whew!
What on earth am I doing still up at 1.25am in a freezing house with a gale blowing? 

No comments: