Tuesday 10 December 2013

Don't have the bronze!

I had a manicure today, to repair the damage of a week in the cold handling fir trees.
This is a rare event.
It is even rarer for me to have nail varnish as it doesn't look right, somehow and I damage it within the day anyway.
Today I was persuaded to have bronze - a mistake!
I have removed it and had a bath to soak off any remains.
Unfortunately, I put the remover pads on the white bath mat, which now has a bronze patch, so I may have an eternal reminder of my mistake.

I played tennis this morning, manicure, then off to Solihull for an hour before collecting J and Th from school.
Salsacise tonight, so well exercised, but the house is still upside down from the decorating - pencilled in to start putting things back on Friday.
No rush, but friends here for lunch on Sunday.

There was a tragic motor accident in Kingsbury on Saturday.
Three people from KS died - a Mum, her son and his friend.
The Mum was a technician at the school.
I taught her, many years ago - a real character, she later joined the cleaning staff and cleaned the
labs. As I worked late, we talked most nights and I hope that she regarded me as a friend.
She was such fun, she will be sorely missed.
It will be a very sad end to the term.