Tuesday 3 December 2013

The big freeze!

Up early as Peter the Painter started today, decorating the dining room and downstairs toilet as he only has a week, but he'll be back in the New Year to finish the rest.
He always starts before 8.30am and works flat out until 4.oopm - he's stripped the walls and done one coat of paint already
Unfortunately, he got some water in a socket, which blew the fuse - I didn't give it a second thought until this evening when I returned from salsacise at about 9.30pm, to a freezing house.
With a little help from B the problem was found - the laundry (boiler) and my bedroom are on the same circuit as the wet socket.
I've put extension cables from the landing to run my electric blanket, radio and lamp, so will have some comfort.
It took a while to get the TV working again, but too cold to sit and watch for long, even with the fan heater going.

Lots of phone calls this morning, even a visitor, then a visit to church , where Maurice was erecting trees and the estate guy had promised to deliver the big tree, so I didn't get off to Solihull as early as I'd hoped, little time to shop.
I collected J and Th from school and cooked tea, then watched Flog It - did a deal with Th - he could use the wifi!
It was the sale at Bigwoods that G and I went to about three years ago, because some of our stuff was in the sale.
I didn't notice us, but J did and hovered over the offending images - quite a lot of them as it's a small saleroom.
Strange seeing G smiling and chatting away at/to me.

Off to a ice warm bed - blanket on overnight I think.         

No comments: