Saturday 14 December 2013

Shop, shop, shop....

I was up early, ironing done and in JS by 8.30am as I have friends coming to lunch tomorrow and was in dire need of food and this was said to be the busiest shopping day so far - what do they know?
It just wasn't that busy.
I had the car washed whilst in JS, then went to M&S and parked with no problem, then on to Florascape - a rather strange garden centre, to meet Judith for coffee.
I then went on a search for red Christmas tree decorations, having taken all but my posh ones to church..
JL and JS had none in red so I finished up at Asda - not at all nice, but they did have red baubles.
that was offset by the fact that the poinsettia all but fell to pieces when I took the wrapping paper off.
I delivered the remainder of my Christmas cards on the way home, stopping for tea twice, so not home until dark.

House is now pretty neat and tidy, dining room decorated and Christmas tree in, with lights.
I have red lights - they look good, but not enough - 80, and it's a big tree - up to the roof.
A change from the 40+ sets of white lights on the trees at church.
I do have a set of blue lights, donated by B & E, but fear that it may look a bit UKIP with them as well!

I bought a 3 pack of Christmas music CDs - just need T  to change them!
Christmas can begin in earnest tomorrow, a little earlier than usual.

2 comments:

William said...

hope the pork was cooked properly

Anonymous said...

It was delicious - I froze the bit left, so you can see for yourself - too much for me.
The crackling was amazing.
m