Monday 30 December 2013

Home Alone.

B et al travelled North on Saturday afternoon, Wet al left for Stansted on Sunday afternoon, after the boys had scooted to the playground, done the assault course 30 times then befriended a springer spaniel who took delight in fetching J's Frisbee, many many times.
I hope they slept on the plane.
We had a fantastic Christmas together - great food that just appeared when required and everyone on good form. 
To keep busy after they all left, I had a bonfire to dispose of boxes, now all glued into Grand Designs and decorated with glitter glue, along with wrapping paper and packaging.
By the time I'd finished Linda, an old friend who now lives in Scotland, had arrived for tea and a chat.
A couple of hours later I returned Linda to her son Chris's farm, in Fillongly, where he fattens pigs for Waitrose, amongst other things, and lives in a fantastic log cabin.
I then came home and did the did some more washing - six loads to date and all of the bed linen and towels now done, not all ironed.

This morning I was up early and in M&S in Solihull by 9.00am, almost alone.
The sale was disappointing, but I went on to JS to buy the food to cook for the lunch party on New Year's Day, along with some post-Christmas bargains.
I met Jan for coffee at Pre.
Three coffees later (no breakfast), we hit the sales again - Jan bought clothes and linen, I bought a small Victorian silver toast rack made by Nathan & Hayes in B'ham, hallmarked in Chester, 1894, because it was beautiful and the dresser needed one.
I didn't get home until after 7.00pm - max payment in the car park, minus the JS contribution.
I had scrambled eggs and finished the smoked salmon, for dinner, followed by the nut strewn top of the panetone that I bought to make a bread and butter pudding, on Wednesday.

Tomorrow, a check on the cleaning at church, ready for a wedding on Tuesday, then cooking.
An ironing mountain, for light relief, so that we can get to the booze fridge on Wednesday. 

No comments: