Thursday 5 December 2013

Compatable!

Chatting to P the P yesterday morning - he's a marathon runner - I noted that I was really lucky as I had no aches and pains and still "felt like a 30 year old"
As I drove up to church I realised that it was yet  another thing that G and I had in common.

I'm becoming more debauched (that may be the wrong word!) by the day - I went down early to clear up the debris from last night's party, before PtheP arrived, made him a cup of tea and came back to have breakfast in bed - scrambled egg (today's) with smoked salmon and hors deuves left overs.
That's a first - I'm a  purist about eating in bed or perhaps I just used to be - it's 4 degrees and windy outside. I have let the chickens out and have a long day at church ahead - will be sociable, but little chance of food or comfort so I'm stocking up!
The party was great fun - about twenty ladies, all bearing food and/or bottles, chatting twenty to the dozen in a way that doesn't happen when the men are there - three glasses down, which must be a measure of something.
The dining room looks absolutely fabulous - I'm so pleased with the colour - eau-de-nil - and pattern.
Laura Ashley is now my designer of choice!
Curtains are at the cleaners - I just need a tall, guy with good manipulative skills and clean hands to put the finishing touches next week.
Must get round to finding curtains for my bedroom - curtain pole in situ, but still vertical!

The fields opposite have been ploughed now and it's beginning to look wintry, just some green in the far fields/meadows.
There are heaps of lovely dry crunchy leaves everywhere, I doubt that many will survive today.

(hors deuves doesn't look right - I'm sure I'll be put right!)

No comments: