Thursday 19 December 2013

Nothing to blog yesterday - lazy day and frustration.
I visited Sh church in the morning and found the school rehearsing for their service that evening - delightful singing, despite the cold.
I volunteered to go back at 5.45pm to turn the tree lights on for the 6.30pm service.
After lunch I visited M & M, then Jan then back to church - cold, dark, wet and windy with people waiting outside.
By the time I left at 6.15pm there was chaos as cars went down to the car park, which was full, then found difficulty reversing up a narrow track in the awful conditions - Hawkins opened their drive to help out, on request.

Of note today - collected yesterday's parcel - it was for me!!!
A new water tank for the Nespresso - some design problem causing rust in the bottom.
had coffee with Jan.
Collected all of the wood that had blown down in the storm and burnt it on a bonfire with the recycling and waste from the bin, which was full.
Cleaned out the chickens - they are laying two eggs a day - amazing!

My wasted days will catch up with me as I still have to clean the floors, dust and put the decorations up, ice the cake, wrap the presents, deliver a church Xmas card to every house in the village and do the food shopping - that can be on Monday morning.
I only remembered the cards for the village tonight..
I'll start something right now.
What??
 

No comments: