Monday 23 December 2013

Only two more sleeps.........

although it will be a late night / short sleep tomorrow for those attending Midnight Mass.
As attendance is usually good it seems to me that it may be a good idea to have services throughout the year, in the middle of the night instead of mid morning on a Sunday, competing with shopping and the gym.

Life is pretty good - I've had my hair done, have two new pairs of jeans, size twelve, a new dress and the family here for the week.
I even have the lounge curtains hung properly
I collected  a fine turkey, minus wish-bone, for ease of carving, from the farm shop this morning, along with a large pork pie - traditional Christmas day breakfast in the family - I think it was just that Mum liked pork pie and it saved cooking.
Everything's done, so no need to go out tomorrow.

One sad note - Primrose, the last remaining goat, died last night, aged 13 years - a good age for a goat.
I shall just have to talk to the chickens a little longer in the mornings - I'm not sure that they understand me!

 

No comments: