Tuesday 3 December 2013

Thawing out.

Another cold day but I had to leave my warm bed at an early hour - OK, it was 7.40am, so not the crack of dawn, to be up before P the P arrived.
The socket must have dried out as the fuse went back and the boiler lit!
Brilliant!
The house was very cold, apart from my bed, so I've had the heating on to help dry the paintwork in the dining room - I am wearing 4 layers - vest, thermal thing, thin fleece, fleece jacket - I'm pretty warm, to be honest.
The painting and lining paper all done, but still no sign of a plasterer.

I had a double scrambled egg with a tomato for breakfast then went out to put up posters about the Christmas Tree Festival around the village and in Coleshill - still some more needed but mine were printing with a border only page between each - may be useful one day!
A little light shopping , including a Christmas Good Housekeeping" - my treat of the season, then home for lunch - salmon and tomato salad.
I think I may be in a bit of a tomato rut, but Morrisons' on the vine are delicious, especially with bay leaves, olive oil and black pepper.
So sustained, I made another couple of Christmas cakes, which are in the oven and smell wonderful.
Catching up on e mails before bell ringing.
I bought 2nd class stamps today as the PO was empty - never miss a chance!
Awaiting a New Year's day lunch Invitation draft from T before I get around to cards.
I hope that W has noted my diet  - fit for a Neanderthal!

I'd never heard of Juan Carlos.
Is one's 180th b'day significant nowadays  - I thought that important anniversaries were
divisible by 50.

1 comment:

William said...

Glad you're warming the house up again.