Monday 16 December 2013

I feel like the white rabbit...

The one in Alice in Wonderland who was late.
I did remember to put my watch on today, which was a good start.
As it wasn't light until after 9.00am, by which time it was raining, tennis was cancelled.
I ran a bath, forgetting to put the plug in, but there was sufficient hot water to run it again, with the plug in and then slow poach for half an hour, chatting to aj, then PH on the phone.
I girded my loins and went to Coleshill - no parking places, so was a few minutes late for a meeting at the bank, having parked in the Solicitor's car park - no comeback, not sued!
On to Dorridge for a facial, then to Solihull to collect J & Th from school.
I cooked a great tea, chatted to a, who was home early, then did late night Christmas shopping for a couple of hours, in Solihull on the way home.
Not many people about, so  pretty good.
I think that I have all of the presents  - all scattered over the study floor in "people piles".
I bought a set of 160 white Xmas tree lights - I have 80 red on the tree, but no more red available, which is a shame as they look good.
I can't decorate the tree until they're on  - the red can go elsewhere - I was going to do it tonight, but was late home as a car has gone off the road in castle Lane, where a motorcyclist died a while ago.
The police and breakdown truck were blocking the road, so I had a long detour, just when I thought I'd arrived.
The truck driver said no-one was hurt - hope so.

1 comment:

William said...

Is it difficult to remember who is getting which scarf?