Wednesday 18 December 2013

Pure indulgence.

I know that I am a bit of a slave driver - personally.
I always set myself a challenging agenda for the day and then chastise myself at the end of the day as I tick things of the list and prepare tomorrow's agenda.
Cleaning the floors - with the steam cleaner was high on yesterday's agenda, not having been done since the decorator left and probably not for some time before then.
Waking up early is usually a plus, as I can start early.

Yesterday's agenda still had chores from Monday as everything ran late.
went down early, started to vacuum under the Christmas tree, then realised that it was a waste of time as I hadn't decorated the tree and needed to remove the 80 x red lights, replace with the new 160 x white lights.
Three hours later the tree was looking pretty good, I'd vacuumed through and was feeling pleased with the day.
Too late to wash floors, so dressed properly to go to Coleshill to collect W's daily undelivered parcel, and finish Monday's jobs, then come home to sweep up leaves, as the sun was shining, then wash floors.

As I left I had a strange conversation with the driver of a large red van parked at the bottom of the drive - I thought he was the postman, as I had the sun in my eyes, so telling me that he'd just painted the fire hydrant and metal covers and not to drive over them did not equate!
Anyway, as he drove away, he commented "What a lovely house, it must be wonderful living here".
I agreed - I think he'd understood my confusion, either that or that I was an escaping inmate!

Anyway, after the Coleshill chores I revolted against myself and went to Knowle, then Solihull, had TWO coffees and a mince pie in Pret and bought TWO pairs of shoes in Gordon Scott's sale - not even sensible one to wear with jeans.

Home to shower and change, then carol Concert at NW followed by dinner at LM Hotel with a friend.
Sun's shining, I should clear the leaves from the yard after tennis - see how it goes - I may be revolting again!.

3 comments:

William said...

I'd like to hear his version of that converstation...

Anonymous said...

What was the indulgence...cleaning or not cleaning ?

Anonymous said...

He enjoyed it - manic smile.

Indulgence - cleaning, of course - a whole day of indulgence tomorrow, if I wash I can indulge in some ironing as well.
m