Friday 6 December 2013

Tinselled out!

Some finality today:

PtheP has finished the decorating, unfortunately he left a little earlier than I'd anticipated, so the wine  delivery didn't happen - I'll arrange another time tomorrow.

Both the dining room and the downstairs toilet look fantastic - even better than I had anticipated.
I've promised to leave the rooms to dry out for a week - a week off housework as well, what a bonus!

The 30 Christmas trees in church are all decorated and look stunning, especially in the twilight/dark.
Another tree - a fine specimen - was delivered as a gift at the 11th hour, which still has to be decorated.
Everyone "mucked in" with the clearing up - quite a task with all of those trees being moved around, so I was home by 6.30pm - earlier than I'd feared.
Lots of goodwill and fun.
If you are in the vicinity of Shustoke at the weekend, you must come in to see them - tea and  various Christmas cakes available.

Life gets even better - aj has won a 17 night P and O cruise around the Med on Oriana - who else would you want to take on this epic voyage than your twin sister!
Well done aj - it sounds brilliant.

I have Christmas cakes to ice before bedtime so that they will be ready for tomorrow - I think that I'll just do the one needed tomorrow - I'm tired.

Up early tomorrow to put the finishing touches and organise refreshments, then finish preparing Sunday's services.
Next week I shall relax.
I

2 comments:

William said...

I suspect you'll have to collect the wine now then.

Gill said...

No, delivered safely - looks good.
Thanks,
M