Sunday 29 September 2013

Love.

A fantastic "Point of View" by A L Kennedy on radio 4 this morning, on "love".
So, who is A L Kennedy anyway?
A deep female voice, or it could have been male??

A busy couple of days, B here on Friday, which was brilliant - loads of little niggling jobs/problems just swept away - small mower going (cable snagged by casing), clocks put right, furniture moved ready for the decorator, even a cappuccino in Pret, with a brownie.
I shopped on the way home, after picking up J & Th from school, tea, etc, as M&S have thoughtfully opened a new food shop at Monkspath, which can be on my way home - brilliant.
It even has a café, if I need a break after the shopping.
I was up ridiculously early yesterday - sometimes you just have to admit that you're not going to get back to sleep & activity may be a better option than lying awake, pondering - I cleared the remainder of things out of the bedroom, so now only the lounge to clear - furniture to the middle & move the ornaments, panelling to shoulder height, so no long pieces of wallpaper to manoeuvre!
Photos to take down in the hall & top off the grandfather clock, I guess - this evening as the family are coming to lunch.

I had friends to dinner last night - 7.00pm, by request as PT has jet lag, but they arrived at 7.30pm!
The salmon was a little overcooked, but the Eton mess with blackberries & gin, marbled with damson puree, was well received - I'd looked up damson recipes to accompany the fruit, given to folk, as there are better things than jam!
This year they are particularly good - large & sweet & an enormous crop.

I shall make a quick visit to church to take some notices, then leave shortly afterwards as the chicken needs to go on at 10.45am & no timer on the cooker - I'm not taking the service, so it won't be very obvious!


 

No comments: