Tuesday 24 September 2013

Phew, again.

I've achieved a lot today without seeming to have been busy.
I had a soak in the bath - bad planning really as I was going in the garden, then free until 8.00pm for bell ringing at church.
getting there is a slow process today as some thieving, thoughtless morons stole the electricity cable from along the main road so workmen have been there all day - long distance, slow traffic lights - they were still working when I came home at 9.30pm.

I picked the apples & a bucket full of damsons - these are large, sweet & delicious, obviously liked the weather.
The branches of the damson trees are so heavily laden that they are hanging down to the ground  - a bit dodgy to mow under as they attack you as you go under them & fall down your back/get squashed on the mower seat.
I've downloaded recipes, which I will deliver to the offspring, along with a big bag of damsons. Damson & blackberry mess with gin sounds good - I'll try it on Saturday as I have some "gourmet" guests for dinner.

I had a cappuccino & a good natter with Jan, made scones 7 took some to Muriel in OW.
She is 90 & comes "home" for a couple of weeks every so often - she is amazingly with it & loves laughing about the things we got up to in church in the past.

I came home to garden - the rockery, lawn edges & most of the border at the top of the garden, at long last.
I had a tidy up, cleaned out the chickens (pooh) & then had a shower & a sandwich before bell ringing.
All good fun & keeps me fit - I need to have a bonfire  - not sure where the smoke goes when there's no wind.

I listened to Ed's speech - not all of it as I didn't have a vomit bowl to hand!

No comments: