Thursday 12 September 2013

Phew!

Not heat.
Activity.
I arrived home from Bicester yesterday evening to find a note on the door from Tom, asking if I'd like to go down to visit JR in Cambs today, as he had a collection to make in that direction.
At the end of July I went down to Colchester & on to JR's with Andy & Tom to collect G's triumph from JR's barn, in place of G, who had forgotten that he had made the arrangement, & was in Bournemouth. - we had a great day & I offered my services for future trips.
This was the follow up.
I cleared the diary - I had intended to go to NW church to do my arrangement for this weekend's Flower Festival - found Tom's phone number, after 3 calls, & accepted the offer.
Tom was good company & we talked for the 4 hours non stop
JR looked well & was lucid this morning - Brian, the gardener & Sarky, his carer were there.
This afternoon was surreal as he could remember nothing - his clothes, shoes, home ("not mine") or people for quite a while.
I had invited his friend Mary for tea, she came bearing freshly baked rock cakes & JR enjoyed hearing us chatting.
Home by 6.00pm, time for a nice cup of tea before going to Jan's to put together the ads for our forthcoming church events - barn Dance, Valuation Lunch, with Charles Hanson, Entrepreneurs' Sale & Christmas Tree Festival.

Tomorrow I have to do my display for the Flower festival - Bible Stories, before collecting J & Th from school in Solihull.
I'm doing "Jesus in the Wilderness" - a tray of sand with cactus, breadcrumbs/fruit, pebbles & JC with stone, marking off the days, brightly lit with a halogen bulb.
I'm not good at flowers!
I have yet to find the pebbles in the garden, dress the small artists model to transform him into JC
& organise the lamp - I'll need to be up early! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trucking moll

Anonymous said...

Yep.
g