Thursday 19 September 2013

The Great Shustoke Bake Off.

.I make a pretty good banana cake - today I put walnuts, peel & a little mixed spice in it, then iced it with Philadelphia cream cheese with icing sugar then decorated with walnuts.
I've just put half in the freezer as it was the cake promised for this evening's discussion group - the attendance was low & I don't want to be tempted to eat  another slice.
I've eaten very healthily - salad, fruit, fish & rye bread - for a couple of days - & feel really good, physically & mentally.
I'm sure that W is right about the Paleo diet but I do like bread & fruit - all things in moderation!

I made a cake for Phil, an old friend, at the same time & spent an hour chatting, having woken him up.
I've cleaned & polished downstairs, prior to replacing the frogs that had been borrowed to spend a weekend in NW church as part of "the plague of frogs" flower display, cascading from the font.
A nice, relaxed day despite being busy - I should aim for more.

The log basket has disappeared - perhaps it's deserted for the sea-side!
It's a plastic bendy, large bucket thing really - much better than a basket as the bits stay in.
Whoever thought that a basket was a good way to transport logs anyway?
I must get a new one to put some logs in the lounge in readiness - someone reported that snow s forecast for next week.
I guess that they misheard, are hard of hearing or demented, still, better safe..........
A warm weekend is forecast so I hope to mow the lawns........before the snow comes.

Re the Lib Dems, could you really vote for a party that plans to swing to the right or the Left, whichever is in front?
Do we really need to feed all children in years 1 - 3 in school?
There must be many more people who could benefit from a well-balanced meal being provided daily.
Shall we feed the whole nation?
Surely feeding  children is the parents' responsibility.   

3 comments:

William said...

you need to eat more fat and stop eating bread and cake.
That is all :-)

Anonymous said...

Let them eat cake !

Anonymous said...

I don't often eat cake - only when I've made one for others.
It was delicious - really moist & tasty.
M