Saturday 21 September 2013

Interest from Bangkok?

Strange but true facts number 1947 - a new follower joined my blog yesterday - in Thailand!
Perhaps I'll get comments from the other side of the world.
(This is actually Friday's blog - the clock has ventured past midnight - I thought I was tired)

I've had a successful day - I picked a large bowl of big, shiny blackberries this morning, ready for tomorrow's dinner party - stewed with crème caramel & Cornish ice cream, to suit all diets - following roast chicken with chipolatas, French beans, cauliflower cheese, roast potatoes & root vegetables.
Makes me hungry thinking about it.
I have smoked salmon for a starter - I think I'll make mousse as I have dill, lemon & Philadelphia cheese.

I went to Knowle then Solihull this afternoon, bought a few interesting things, some lovely food at M&S & a heap of cleaning materials, toilet & kitchen roll, in order to get a voucher for 7p/litre off fuel, at JS.
A Waitrose store is planned for Solihull (another for Knowle, if it is viable to have two).
I hope it's not too long in coming, opening whilst I enjoy food shopping.

I realised at about 4.00pm that I'd not eaten all day, so went to Pret for coffee - brill as ever, then attacked food shopping on a less than empty stomach.

Lawns to mow tomorrow - up early, old clothes & a struggle with the little mower to get it started to mow under the hedges, possibly for the last time this year. 

No comments: