Saturday 14 September 2013

Nothing but sand!

Well I didn't get the early start.
I tailored a gown for Jesus then found that wooden models do little to help you to dress them, so had to start again - a new design which I could sew him into.
I collected pebbles/stones from the garden & washed them, collected other bits & pieces then went to church with these & a low butler's tray.
My site was under the lectern - full frontal - not very forgiving.
I got my head around the situation then came home to get the stuff I did need.
I ended up with a pretty reasonable wilderness with undulating sand & rocks, JC off centre, blue background with luminous sun, all lit by a halogen bulb.
I put gold glittery glue on his headdress as a halo - looked like bird-droppings!
I have to complete the sky & stick his hands together - he will pray!
Sand coloured towels draped down the front with a  succulent & earthenware pots, finish it off.
Not a flower in sight!
The other displays have masses of flowers & are wonderful - The Last Supper, above the altar, Joseph, The plague of Frogs, The nativity..........
Do drop in if you are near nether Whitacre over the weekend.
I shall be there selling bric a brac on a stall in the churchyard from 11.00 - 5.00pm, with Jan.
I have yet to collect & load it into the car as it was cold & raining when I got home from collecting J & Th from school  I was tired & hungry.
Must be up early tomorrow - hope I'm more successful than yesterday. 

No comments: