Friday 6 September 2013

The rains have come.

At shortly after 6.00am.
 It was dry when I came down this morning, shortly afterwards the rain started hammering on the conservatory roof , by 6.30am there were puddles on the yard & I needed to wear my wellies to release the chickens.
It has rained on & off all day, which is brilliant because:
1. the garden was amazingly dry & the plants suffering.
2. the chickens had taken to dust bathing on the borders
3. I have needed to water the garden every evening for weeks - at least this has been good  for my right arm as I've pumped the water from the well most nights & used a watering can.

I was up early this morning to make some cakes - iced fairy cakes with M&Ms & rock cakes - to take some to Phil, the rest for those coming to clean the church tomorrow.
I visited Phil in his new home, which is great, & chatted for over an hour, then went on to Solihull for an appointment at the bank.
Later I had coffee at M&S, courtesy of aj's vouchers, before going on to collect Jessie & Thomas from school & make the tea..
Home by 7.00pm having bought only pens for church & nothing from the list.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       thishasbeenood

No comments: