Tuesday 29 October 2013

What storm?

A great deal of water lying about this morning, but quiet& still - no sign of the threatened storm.
So much for having an early night with a Benedictine (liqueur, not monk!) in order to sleep through the turmoil.
I did sleep until 6.00am (7.00am really) which was good.
The house was really warm as the clock on the boiler needs changing.
How?
I'm sure that someone will visit and sort it and the bedroom clock - I can't find any means of adjustment.
I released the chickens then went back to bed, chatted on the phone & looked through the papers from Saturday.
The bank phoned to apologise and give me £100 for a couple of failings that had caused me grave concern - not bad without getting out of bed!
When I did eventually start the day, I ran to Jan's to do some paperwork for a couple of hours.
Home for a cheese sandwich, visits by two friends, Jane to invite me to her birthday lunch, John, to collect a chicken pen and offer to update my chickens  - no way, these talk to me now.
I managed to get the paperwork done before going to salsaexercise at 7.30pm - a laugh a minute, as usual.
I can cope with the exercise bit but the mambo/foot crossing/twirling and knees upping leaves me giddy at best, falling about laughing at worst - the final session of dancing leaves the instructor falling about laughing - I think that he does try to take us seriously.
Home for an avocado, e mails & staying up too late - the heating went off an hour early, must get the clock put right.
J and Th tomorrow so up early.

No comments: