Wednesday 9 October 2013

Ten years younger.

I am sitting here glowing, having had a wonderful facial & massage at the Skincare Spa in Dorridge at lunchtime., courtesy of a Travelzoo deal, hence a bargain, to boot.
It was a great experience - soothing & relaxing.
The last massage I had was in Vietnam on 23 May last year - today's was much more relaxing, I kept more clothes on & I wasn't offered sex at the end of it - much more to my liking really.

I was up early as Peter the painter arrives before 8.00am.
I spent an hour cleaning the church, came home to change then went to Knowle for a potter, then on to Dorridge to the spa, then spent a couple of hours in Solihull, starting with a delicious baguette & coffee in Pret.
I looked at curtain samples, but have to see the bigger picture; I fancy a soft sage green.
as I'm planning a new suite, I suppose I should choose that first.
Sitting in the lounge, or "drawing room",  as Dad called it, devoid of anything but the basics, I can see the suite in a new light & I don't like it - perhaps I never did.

The chickens are doing well - let out for the first time since replacement 3 arrived.
both in the box tonight & two eggs again today - I ate them for my tea, poached!
I walked around the village, putting up posters on the village noticeboard & in The Plough, delivering fliers to 30 houses, selected by likelihood to be interested in the forthcoming events or accessibility of letterbox, in the dark.

It feels like bedtime but I must clean the lounge so that Peter can put the hooks back in for the pictures, tomorrow morning.
he measures before taking them out & knows exactly where they go.
Amazing!  

No comments: