Monday 14 October 2013

Bottoms Up!

I bought a charming little tankard with a figure hanging over the rim, by Weetman pottery with the slogan  "Bottoms Up", written on the side, in a charity shop in Bicester today.
made in the fifties, I think, that's all I know.
I was on my way to M&S to buy an Indian meal for this evening - that was very good as well.
W, MK, J & DK are here for a week, which is great - the boys sparkle - they are excellent house guests.
We all went to Bicester yesterday - they went for lunch, I went in the evening as I had Family Service to take at 10.00am & Evening Prayer at 6.00pm, with a friend for tea sometime in between.
The grandchildren had a whale of a time together, turning T's bedroom into a dorm for the night.
This morning J went to school with KP & had the girls fighting over who should sit next to him - inherited his father's charm!
It rained all day yesterday, it has rained much of today & the yard is flooded, but is not too cold, just damp.
We should have had a fire tonight had I filled the log basket before the rain came.

Chief regret of the day - forgetting to tell W & MK about the burglar alarm - they arrived home from Bicester half an hour before me & were in the drive to avoid the noise (DK does an excellent imitation of the siren now) & to reassure the visiting neighbours

  

No comments: