Tuesday 29 October 2013

How clean is your house?

A lot cleaner than it was yesterday!
J & Th came mid-morning; as the sun was shining I was tempted to sweep up the 2.2 million acorns on the yard and barrow them to the top of the field, but decided to spoil myself and so polished and vacuumed downstairs instead - didn't get as far as the scullery, porch and laundry.
I did quite enjoy it, which is pretty sad in itself, but I am delighted with the outcome - neat , clean and tidy with paperwork sorted, rubbish out, even the dustbin emptied.
After lunch we walked/cycled/scooted to the village shop to sort out a planning letter from the land registry with the chair of the PC and buy milk, then on to the playground for a scamper round for half an hour.
Home to make a chocolate cheesecake - lots of crushing, stirring and melting, then baking.
Boiled eggs and scotch pancakes for tea, then story writing until P came.
I went to BHX to collect Ben, home for dinner then, to my shame, a nap on the settee - I woke up too early this morning, then I have to do the calculation re BST to check whether it is too early.
I do need to wake early tomorrow, so hope that BST change is in my favour.
B's changed the clocks that baffle me by having no visible nobs.

2 comments:

William said...

feed the acorns to a pig and then eat the pig. It's a win win situation, acorns gone and a delicious pig to eat.

Anonymous said...

sounds too good to be true- where can I get the pig?
m