Saturday 12 October 2013

Glowing!

That's the house & owner.
Peter finished the decorating yesterday - it all looks fantastic - the grubbiness creeps up on you slowly & you don't realise just how grubby things are until you start afresh.
He's coming back again in a few weeks to finish the downstairs.
I'm still in my bedroom, admiring the results & with furniture rearranged so that it works better.
The family are arriving later today; I have the quandary of whether to try & move the heavy furniture back so all is done or leave it & let w help me later - some of it is really big!
I can manage, but it's a struggle.
I have tomorrow's sermon & Family Service to get down on paper yet.
Where shall I start & can I fit in a visit to the hairdresser?
Does he have an appointment anyway??
Decisions, decisions......

I have to decide on a new curtain pole & curtains for the bedroom & a lounge suite & then decide if I really can afford it all.
I have decided that the pole should be fancy & metal - decision made there as Peter sawed the other one in half to make it fit in the dustbin, the curtains should be pale & velvet, & the suite.....tartan.
I may even have seen the fabric - amazing & will look so good with the panelling.
Comments welcome.

Yesterday spent shopping, cleaning things & putting them back - lots still to do - photos on the hall walls, clocks, etc,.
I helped set out the harvest supper, prepared a quiz for the tables with ads for our forthcoming events & went to church to print off, showered changed & back to enjoy the aforementioned event.
Food was great & company was good - I ate more than I've eaten all week!
A first - I was told that "a whippet like me didn't have to worry about what I ate"
Never been called a whippet before, but I was wearing a slinky dress, which may have helped.
Lots of requests for my diet - a bit drastic for most, I suspect.

Not as chilly as it looks from indoors - 10 degrees when I released the chickens first thing, but damp, grey & leaves everywhere - about typical for mid October, I guess.
I filled the feeder & put clean hay in the laying box so perhaps the chickens will reward me with an egg apiece today - they have the pastry ends from a number of slab pork pies as their treat.
beat that!
I was tol

No comments: