Tuesday 8 October 2013

Indian Summer

and forecast to last for another day before the autumn arrives, on Wednesday.
Tomorrow I plan to mow the lawns & then put the mower to bed for the winter - I managed to start the little mower yesterday & mow a double strip around the edges & round the trees, which should make life a lot easier.
B mended the little mower - the cable had worn through where it came from under the casing, & so shorting.

A busy weekend, catching up after a week of Granny duties in Bicester & Solihull - all great fun.
The decorator had been in all week - lounge looking wonderful, but curtains needed.
He finished my bedroom today - it looks amazing - better than I could ever have dreamt.
The dressing room still to do, then the hall, stairs & landing & downstairs loo - should be done by Friday ready for the family to arrive on Saturday.

Yesterday I went to church at Sh, took the service at BW, had coffee with Jan then mowed for a while, made a couple of visits & collected a chicken from the farm - a chicken died whilst I was away - I warned them about going across the road, but they wouldn't listen!
A short life but a happy one!

Today I've played tennis, put up posters for the Barn Dance, Charles Hanson lunch & Entrepreneurs sale, tried to use my 20% off voucher at M&S, but failed as there was nothing I wanted, then collected J & th from school, tea, football & lego.
Home for a quick tea & salsaexercise class.

I heard part of "Museum of curiosities" on radio 4 at 6.30pm
It was brilliant - an anthropologist comparing man with apes, brilliantly - do catch it on I player  if you can.
Time for bed - two short nights, too much to think about & e mails to compose.
I need a holiday!
 

2 comments:

William said...

well find a time that fits and come here for a holiday

Anonymous said...

I will - discuss next week
m